Room 001, Humanities Building, Cardiff University, Thursdays 19:00-21:00
The seminar schedule is open to suggestions for topics of interest to the group, and may also be adapted to reflect current events in progress.
- Moral claims Thursday 29th January What kind of claims are moral claims?
- Self-harm Thursday 5th February Are there limits to what it is morally permissible to do to ourselves?
- Censorship and freedom of speech Thursday 12th February What are the limits to what can be freely expressed, and how do we determine them?
- Approaches to the question of abortion Thursday 19th February How can we best disentangle the complicated questions presented by abortion?
- War Thursday 26th February Can killing in war be right? Under what circumstances?
- Animals Thursday 5th March What is the moral status of animals? How are we obliged to treat them?
- Feminism Thursday 12th March Does feminism oblige us to confront new moral questions?
- Democracy Thursday 19th March Why do we value democracy? Is it good in itself?
- Crime and punishment Thursday 26th March How and why should society punish crime?
- Ends and means Thursday 23rd April What should lie at the heart of moral decision-making?